Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

10.07.2012

Sunday Stamps Challenge - Guest Designer

Good Morning & Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all the Canadians out there! I'm a little under the weather, but well enough to do some stamping and eat some turkey! :)

I have the pleasure this week to be a Guest Designer again over at Sunday Stamps. Lisa has a great sketch this week for you to try:


I love sketch challenges! When I saw the sketch, I wanted something to "peek" out from the circles. What better than some spooky characters from the Googly Ghouls set.


Paper: Basic Black, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Orchard Harvest DSP
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Stamps: Googly Ghouls, Seasonal Sayings
Tools: Punches - Scallop Border, 2-1/2" Circle
Accessories: Googly Eyes
I started with a 2-1/2" circle in Whisper White and stamped the "Boooo" from Googly Ghouls in Crumb Cake repeatedly. Next, I stamped some of the cutesy characters from the same set - the mummy & spider, my favourites! Aren't they adorable?! I know, not something you'd say for Halloween, but they are! I sponged the edges in Crumb Cake too and mounted these on Cajun Craze that I tore.

For the middle section, I distressed a piece of DSP from the Orchard Harvest pack and mounted that to a piece of More Mustard card stock. I used the Scallop Border Punch on the edge and then moved it slightly and punched again. This gives a pointed and almost "spooky" look, I think. I sponged the edges of this one too.

To finish things off, I stamped the sentiment and cut and distressed some banners. I added a similar banner on the inside and of course added some Googly Eyes to those adorable scary characters. :)

Now head on over to Sunday Stamps and give the sketch a try! It's tons of fun...

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha - This is so cute! I love how you used the Halloween set for this sketch and all the texture! Your card is fabulous inside and out! Congrats on being a Guest Designer - Hope to see you playing with us at Sunday Stamps again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I was so excited to see you Guest Designing with us this week :) Love this card - what a cute way to use the sketch. Wicked texture on this too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!