Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

10.09.2012

Punch Art Giraffe

I don't often do Punch Art, but when I was commissioned to do a custom card with a giraffe, I couldn't resist doing it with some inspiration from Pinterest with Linda Fisher's card.

Paper: Really Rust (retired), Marigold Morning (retired), So Saffron,
Creamy Caramel (retired), Basic Black, Blush Blossom (retired)
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Stamps: Wacky Wishes (Hostess)
Tools: Punches - 3/4", 1" & 1-3/8" Circle, Owl Punch, Five Petal Flower (retired),
Small Oval, Word Window
Punch Art involves using many different punches to create something. To create a giraffe, I used the following punches:
  • 3/4" Circle: toes
  • 1" Circle: head, spots
  • 1-3/8" Circle: body, spots
  • Small Oval: nose, mouth/tongue
  • Owl: eyes, nostrils, ear tuffs, tail, spots
  • Five Petal Flower: ears
The key to Punch Art is to sponge all your pieces before gluing them together. This gives lots of dimension to the project. I used Crumb Cake to sponge all my pieces. I wanted my giraffe to be the spotlight of this card, so I didn't add anything else but the sentiment. My client LOVED it and thought it was truly a work of art. :)

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

2 comments:

  1. Your giraffe is about the cutest thing I've seen!! It's absolutely adorable! My step-daughter is expecting her first baby, and giraffes are her favorite -- I may have to CASE your card. Thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This giraffe is great! I love punch art but haven't tried this guy before. I may have to give him a go at some point (in my spare time!) lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!