Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

10.05.2012

DIY Wedding

I helped my upline Leena Girsa prepare some samples for her booth at the Rockton Fair this weekend. She wanted to have a wedding display for the DIY brides out there. The colour scheme Leena wanted was Basic Gray and Daffodil Delight. Here are some of the samples I prepared for her:

Paper: Neutrals DSP Paper Stack (Basic Gray), Black, Whisper White
Tools: Big Shot, Elegant Lines TIEF, Owl Punch
Accessories: Tulle, Clothes Pins
These adorable Bride & Groom owls were CASEd from Danielle Goff off our Demo website. These are "toppers" for cupcakes, presents, etc. I decorated some clothes pins and topped them with my owls.

Tools: Big Shot, Flower Folds Bigz XL Die, Elegant Lines TIEF
Accessories: Crumb Cake Tulle, Tea Light
These tealight holders are quite popular and easy to make. I used aluminum flashing and an embossing folder. To fancy it up (and haven't seen this done before), I added some Tulle in between the petals of the smaller flower. Of course, you can't use a real flame with this one!


Paper: Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla
Tools: Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, Elegant Lines TIEF
Accessories: VV 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon
I got this idea from a 3D swap my upline received at our Regional Event in August. I'm sorry that I don't know who to credit with the original design. I had the idea to turn it into a place card setting though by adding a banner. How awesome would these look all lined up on a seating table?!

Paper: Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, Neutrals DSP Paper Stack
Tools: Big Shot, Fun Folds Bigz Die, MDS
Accessories: Basics Glimmer Brads
Why not decorate a cheap frame with some DSP & accessories?! I displayed mine as a table number, but you could easier put a menu, poem, picture, etc inside too! After everything was adhered, I used Crystal Effects to give it a nice shine and seal it all in.

Paper: Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Neutrals DSP Pattern Pack
Stamps: Mixed Bunch
Ink: Daffodil Delight
Tools: Blossom Punch, Scallop Trim Border & Corner Punch

Lastly, a wedding program, with a simply decorated front. Quick & easy. I learned how to do the cross from Frenchie Stamps. I might do a quickie tutorial in the coming days for those who are interested.

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

5 comments:

  1. What a great job you've done on these wedding favours. Lots of ideas here. I really like the little frame with the flowers beneath it and the flameless candle with the tulle. Nicely done and tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wedding favours! Especially love the Table 8 one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty items and great - trendy - colors too! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The butterfly is truly unique and an awesome idea! I've never seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you again, so much for making these fantastic samples for my booth Steph! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!