Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

9.28.2012

O Tannenbaum

I made some of these folded tree cards last year too, but this year, I thought it would be cute to make them much smaller and what better tool to use then the 2-1/2" Circle Punch?!




Paper: Cherry Cobber, Basic Gray, Gumball Green, Early Espresso,
VV, WW, Christmas Lane SS, Jolly Holiday DSP, Merry Moments SS,
Be of Good Cheer DSP, Glimmer Paper
Ink: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler
Stamps: Seasonal Sayings, Greetings of the Season
Tools: Big Shot, Delicate Designs TIEF, Star Punch from Merry Minis Punch Pack,
2-1/2" Circle Punch
I swear I had never seen such small, cute folded trees before. I thought I was being smart by using my 2-1/2" Circle Punch too, to create these little guys. After I had made these a while back, I was surfing the net and of course came across someone else who had done this. So I guess you can never be sure if the idea was yours or one you saw somewhere else at some point in time!

Anyway, after punching, I cut the circles in half. You can get two trees from one punch. I know there are templates out there for larger trees, but I just played around with it until I got the fold I wanted. I created my own template on my Grid Paper - basically marking where the first fold should be and then I just folded free-hand.

I wanted a little texture, so I used the Delicate Designs Textured Impressions Embossing Folder in the background. Before gluing my trees down, I added tiny trunks in coordinating card stock. To finish things off, I added some glimmer stars, punched from Silver Glimmer Paper and with the star from the Merry Minis Punch Pack and added a sentiment.

What do you think?

Until next time, stay craft!
Steph

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love these cards. I am going to have to give it a try. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made me want to try this. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute cards Steph! Love the folded trees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love the tree the folds make.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!