Follow My Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

9.07.2012

Colour Challenged?!

If you're colour challenged... or perhaps just need a little inspiration, online Challenge Blogs are the way to go (I have a list of ones I like to play along with in the left column)!

It's been a while since I've been able to play along with the ladies over at Sunday Stamps, and am happy to play along with Tara's Colour Challenge this week!

The great thing about Colour Challenges is that sometimes they get you using colours together you might never have thought of. Here's the card I came up with:


Paper: Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder
Ink: Sahara Sand, Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder, Chocolate Chip
Stamps: Tiny Tags, Language of Friendship
Tools: Big Shot, Fancy Fan TIEF, Scallop Trim Border Punch
Accessories: Baker's Twine, Jewels
I got the idea for this card from many different areas - Pinterest (you can follow me there too!), our Demonstrator-Only website and the Regional Event I went to in August. For instant colour, I just rubbed my ink pads directly on a piece of Whisper White. I then used my Boho Blossom Punch and punched the largest of the three flowers. Next, I wrapped Baker's Twine around them to get the desired pattern. I basically kept wrapping around the flower in a triangular pattern so that there was a small space in the middle for some bling!

I embossed my card base and then glued my coloured piece to it. After adding my flowers, I wrapped some Baker's Twine around the card and added my sentiment.

Inside, I stamped the coordinating flower for the punch from the Language of Friendship set. I punched two out and added jewels to them for some extra dimension.

What do you think?

Until next time, stay crafty!
Steph

4 comments:

  1. This is such a cool card for so many reasons! WOW! To name a few I love the ink technique you used as well as the spirelli. So happy you played along with us at Sunday Stamps, hope you will be back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Indeed!!!! I love your creation....the ink spilling down is simply awesome and the little flowers are perfect. You've done a fantastic job on the inside too. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps - hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous, Steph! Simply stunning creation - I love every little detail! So glad to see you planning along this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it and love reading what you have to say!